Out of School Time
New Adventures for Your Child!
Does your child love to swim or climb? How about learning new recipes or sports? We have it here at the YMCA! Sign your child up for an after-school adventure.
Session I: January 16 - February 23
Session II: February 27 - April 13 (No program the week of Spring Break; March 27 - March 30)
After School until 5:30 PM
If school is not in session, our program will still run; 4-5:30 PM. (Parents will need to drop off their child at the Y)
While we have only limited bus-in options, parents are encouraged to drop off their kids on any day, Monday through Friday, and are welcome to sign up for more than one day.
Transportation is provided on the following days:
- Monday - Northwest Elementary schools
- Tuesday - St. John, Queens, and St. Mary
- Wednesday - JPS Elementary schools
- Thursday - Michigan Center Elementary
Sign up today:
Mondays Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays
Swim IQ: Learn Splash Grow
Each week kids will get to play pool games and learn everything about being in the water. Learning includes water safety and swim skills.
In this adventure, climbers will learn the basics of rock climbing. Starting with equipment safety to successful techniques. Climbing starts on the very first day and closed-toe shoes are required.
Appetite for Adventure
This class features kid-friendly recipes with delicious results. A great way for kids to learn new skills and bring home new ideas for mealtimes.
NEW! Extreme Sports
Each week kids will learn the basics of basketball, soccer and pickleball. A great way to learn new skills, get exercise and have fun!
Things to Know
- Each session is 6 weeks.
- While we have only limited bus-in options, parents are encouraged to drop off their kids on any day, Monday through Friday, and are welcome to sign up for more than one day.
- The YMCA follows Jackson Public School’s Calendar. If JPS has school-out days, half-days, or snow days, we may have corresponding services on those days, excluding Paragon. Make sure to check our Facebook page for updated information.
Off-Site at Paragon School
with the JACKSON YMCA at PARAGON
The Jackson YMCA is partnering with Paragon Charter Academy to provide care after the school day is over. Held on-site at Paragon, the program offers K-8 students a fun afternoon of games, activities and more! Parents can be assured the Y is committed to safety and follows all local and state health department guidelines.
Program begins Aug. 29, and registration opens Aug. 15.
New fall programs!